Hey, coffee lovers! Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to make your own iced coffee at home? Well, you're in luck, because today I'm going to show you how to make whipped brown sugar iced coffee, a creamy and frothy drink that will satisfy your caffeine cravings and your sweet tooth. Plus, I'll give you some tips on how to make it healthier, without compromising the taste.
Whipped brown sugar iced coffee is a variation of the popular whipped coffee or dalgona coffee, which originated in South Korea. It's basically a reverse latte, where you whip the coffee and sugar together until fluffy, and then spoon it over cold milk and ice. The brown sugar adds a caramel-like flavour and a darker color to the whipped coffee, making it even more irresistible.
To make this drink, you only need six ingredients: brown sugar, sugar, hot water, instant coffee, milk of choice, and ice. You can use any kind of milk you like, such as cow's milk, almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk. You can also adjust the amount of sugar and coffee to your liking, depending on how sweet and strong you want your drink to be.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup ice
Here are the steps to make whipped brown sugar iced coffee:
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, instant coffee, and hot water. You can use an electric mixer, a hand whisk, or a frother to whip the mixture until it becomes thick and light brown, about two to three minutes.
- In a tall glass, add half a cup of ice cubes and half a cup of milk of your choice. You can use more or less ice and milk depending on the size of your glass and how cold and milky you want your drink to be.
- Spoon the whipped coffee mixture over the milk and ice. You can use a spoon or a piping bag to create swirls or patterns on top of your drink.
- Enjoy your whipped brown sugar iced coffee! You can stir it before drinking or sip it as it is, enjoying the contrast between the cold milk and the warm whipped coffee.
Now, if you want to make this drink healthier, here are some suggestions:
- Use less sugar or substitute it with natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or stevia.
- Use decaf instant coffee or reduce the amount of coffee if you want to lower your caffeine intake.
- Use low-fat or non-dairy milk if you want to cut down on calories and fat.
- Add some cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract to the whipped coffee mixture for extra flavour and antioxidants.
- Top your drink with some whipped cream or coconut cream for a more indulgent treat.
There you have it! A simple and delicious way to make whipped brown sugar iced coffee at home. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family who love coffee as much as you do. Cheers!
You may also like: